In this role, you contribute to flawless financial processes in an international and diverse environment. The Financial Accountant will be responsible for the following aspects and activities:
- Perform transactional data entries into Exact such as the recording of purchase- and sales invoices as well as manual journal entries) as well as the processing of bank-statements (partially automated);
- Responsible for the approval workflow with respect to supplier invoices;
- Prepare bank-payments for approval.
- Responsible for the general ledgers (Exact) of multiple entities;
- Monthly closing of these general ledgers;
- Coordinate and assist the local external administrators of foreign entities and review the financial data;
- Perform monthly closing procedures, execute checks and reconciliation of balances, and complete closing checklists.
- Prepare VAT returns.
- Assist in the preparation of (consolidated) Dutch GAAP financial statements of multiple entities.
Support Financial team in a broader sense:
- Assist the team in the preparation of documentation for the external auditor and corporate income tax returns;
- Identify and execute improvement projects with respect to the general ledger and closing procedures;
- Assist in the monthly consolidation process;
- Review accuracy of financial reports.
This is a typical second or third career step role for a financial professional who enjoys an ambitious, professional and international setting. You are an important backbone in the team and interact frequently with the companies. The position allows you to oversee companies as a whole.
Selection criteria include:
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or business administration;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience;
- Strong knowledge of journal entries;
- Knowledge of financial accounting within Exact Globe or similar accounting software;
- Experience with preparation of VAT declaration is an advantage;
- Experience with Cognos is an advantage;
- Fluency in English;
- Strong Excel and Word skills.
Would you like to learn more? Please contact me: +31 6 45302916 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org