McCain, an international leader in the frozen food industry, produces and markets prepared potato and appetizer products across all channels. The company's products can be found in restaurants and retail stores in over 160 countries around the world. McCain Continental Europe (CE) is active in Foodservice, Retail, Quick Service Restaurant and Industry segments. It sells both branded and private label products. McCain in Continental Europe has 7 potato production facilities, employs roughly 2.400 employees, and achieves approximately €900 million in annual revenues. The Controller, Supply Chain CE assumes responsibility for controlling all supply chain related activities within the region. Accountable for forecasting, budgeting and reporting to enhance business decision-making and to identify, quantify and control financial risk. Leading relevant financial business intelligence and ad-hoc analysis as required, and providing financial challenge and assessment to ensure optimum operations efficiency and return on capital investment for McCain. Supply chain activities are related to logistics (storage, transport and inventory), supply planning, customer service and demand planning. The role requires a blend of strategic thinking, business savvy and hands-on involvement in the business. The Controller, Supply Chain reports to the Controller, Operations CE.
Coordination of the forecast and budget process for the supply chain business which includes amongst others:
- Data collection;
- Ensuring that robust assumptions are considered and challenged with the functional leaders;
- Understanding key drivers behind the numbers which is of utmost importance. Providing sound interpretation of variances in order to build strong narratives and actions;
- Identification and quantification of risks and opportunities;
- Supporting the Costing team in computing the total annual storage and inbound freight cost for standard cost price updates;
- Strict respect of regional and corporate deadlines.
As business partner of the Supply Chain team, he/she is:
- Supporting the team in managing, optimizing and controlling the storage and transport costs (inbound & outbound);
- Maintaining accurate and compliant inventory and cost accounting in a fast moving environment;
- Key role in ideation, implementation and tracking of Sustainable Cost Advantage (SCA) projects together with the Supply Chain team;
- Actively involved in Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) to give support in improving the overall process and its forecast accuracy;
- Leading the inventory and DOH (days on hand) follow up. Actively contributing to the Working Capital Committee by proposing improvement initiatives;
- Overseeing cross-functional physical/cycle counts as required in accordance to corporate guidelines.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a controlling environment;
- Minimum Bachelor degree in finance;
- Broad solid fundamental knowledge of both accounting and business operations;
- Strategic understanding;
- Solid business partner;
- Strong team player and highly motivated;
- Result and process oriented;
- Committed to respect deadlines;
- Problem-solving skills and solutions oriented;
- Quantitative and analytical advanced skills;
- Expert in Excel skills;
- Experience with enterprise-wide financial planning software systems such as OneStream, SAP, Hyperion;
- Strong and effective communication skills to all levels in the organization;
- Fluency in English.