Financial Controller in Leiden
Ben jij de uitblinker die we zoeken?vervallen
Our client is a leading international academic digitally driven Publishing House specialized in Humanities, Social Sciences and International Law. The company is a stock listed mini multinational with the headquarters in Leiden.
Finance aims to contribute to optimal management of business processes by means of efficient compliance and effective decision support. Brill is bound by an extensive and constantly changing set of regulatory requirements and standards such as IFRS, tax regulations and other requirements that are locally relevant in the jurisdictions in which Brill is active (such as regulations of the Council for Annual Reporting), International Audit Standards and sanctions legislation. In the implementation of the financial reporting, Brill has to deal with the AFM and DNB, as well as external accountants and other advisers.
Brill has several legal entities (locations) and various business units (field-oriented). In Singapore and Beijing, the financial administration is performed by external parties. The accounting for Boston and Germany is done locally and consolidated into corporate reporting by the finance team in Leiden. Each publishing field is its own business unit with regard to administration. Specific areas of focus for the finance department are: administrative organization and internal control, reporting and analytical support for decision-making within Brill, insurance, treasury, taxes, subsidies (with complexity due to the application) and royalties.
- External reporting, IFRS compliance (Annual and HY reporting, quarterly trading updates)
- Balance sheet control
- Cashflow reporting
- Riskmanagement and Internal control
- Hedging, relationship with our main bank
- Participation in (international) projects
- Managing and coaching our team leader accounting
- Completed university or higher secondary education degree within Business Economics, Business Administration or Accountancy.
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in a similar position.
- Strong in Excel and strong analytical skills
- Experience with IFRS and the preparation of annual and semi-annual reports
- Experience with consolidation of international group
- You are optimistic and accurate
What do they offer?
- An interesting position in a team where you can learn and develop yourself
- Base annual salary of 60k - 75k
- An attractive employee benefits package including annual profit sharing and personal choice budget (PKB)
- A pension scheme with a 2/3 employers' contribution
- A working from home compensation
- A budget for setting up your own an ergonomic workspace at home
Voordelen van solliciteren via Bluefin
Wat bieden wij jou?
- Wij verzorgen een warme introductie bij de klant
- We kunnen je alles vertellen over de cultuur
- Actieve begeleiding bij het sollicitatieproces
- Hulp bij je contractonderhandelingen
En is deze rol uiteindelijk niet de ideale match voor jou dan hebben we nog veel meer procedures waar we jou als kandidaat in mee kunnen nemen.